Chemistry.com’s unique algorithm is all about identifying a member’s signature character traits, which helps the site predict your matches.
- In-depth personality questionnaire
- Casually flirt with games and winks
- Cool newsfeed-like function
- No mobile app
- No forum, chatrooms or movie talk
- No find-someone assure
As the sister site of Match.com, Chemistry.com feels familiar and reassuring, despite it being a fairly fresh site (established in 2006). This makes it a good option for anyone who&rsquo,s already had a positive practice with the network. As for its main attraction, Chemistry.com puts a lot of emphasis on getting to know each member via a personality assessment — the basis for its matching algorithm. Developed by Dr. Helen Fischer, the main dating advisor for Chemistry.com, the assessment seeks to understand your character traits and categorize you into one of four types: Explorer, Negotiator, Builder, or Director (the assessment may assign you a primary and secondary type).
As for the actual on-site practice, the layout is elementary and effortless to navigate. The perk of joining a paid service is that it greatly reduces the presence of annoying banner ads and pop-ups. Located at the top of each page is the main menu, which tells you where to detect fresh matches, shows winks sent and received, and displays your stream — lightly one of the best features of the site. The stream is like a condensed but uncluttered view of your matches and what they are telling online. You can also reaction questions provided by Chemistry.com to be entered in your own matches&rsquo, rivulets.
Another perk of Chemistry.com is that they do a good job of highlighting what members have in common, and of predicting how their respective personalities will mesh together. That said, any real contact inbetween members requires payment. Same goes for gaining access to the site&rsquo,s emailing system, games, profile views notifications and unlimited winks. It&rsquo,s also significant to note that membership plans do not necessarily cross over from Match.com, despite the two sites being affiliated.
Signing up to Chemistry.com only takes about Ten minutes. The questionnaire, which is the basis of the site&rsquo,s signature Personality Test, is effortless to pack out since all the questions are either &ldquo,pack in the blank&rdquo, or &ldquo,agree or disagree.&rdquo, The only open-ended question that is required to pack out is a brief summary of who you are and what you&rsquo,re looking for in a match (200 characters minimum). At the end, you receive an email letting you know how you scored on the test and what kind of personality you are deemed to have (Explorer, Negotiator, Builder, Director). Sidenote: Chemistry.com is one of the few sites in the matchmaking category that will post your indicated income.
Members &, Profiles
When you view another member&rsquo,s photo, you&rsquo,re taken to their profile where all their general information (appearance, location and interests) is listed for you to see. But what&rsquo,s more is that Chemistry.com does a superb job at highlighting what things you have in common, how you fit in their search criteria, and how your core personality identities mesh.
– The Stream function acts like your private newsfeed, similar to what you get on Facebook. Here, members post a status or their answers to provided questions, which all show up in a time-stamped vertical steam of activity. Since only members deemed compatible with your personality showcase up in your stream, this is the best way of observing what your direct pool looks like.
– You communicate and casually flirt with other members via the site&rsquo,s emailing system, joy games, and winks.
– Chemistry.com&rsquo,s blog discusses various topics relevant to dating in the modern world. Article titles include &ldquo,Does Religion Matter for Couples?&rdquo, and &ldquo,Humor: The Hidden Aphrodisiac.&rdquo,
Safety &, Security
Albeit Chemistry.com does not perform identity confirmation or criminal records checks, it does suggest a few resources dedicated to their privacy policies, fraud awareness and general online dating safety tips. Consult these sections for more information.
Total Price Per Option
- Free Account
- 1 Month $34.99
- Trio Months $64.98 (38% Savings)
- 6 Month $77.94 (63% Savings)