Brittany Miller is one of the characters from the Alvin and the Chipmunks franchise who is the female counterpart of Alvin. She is a part of a band called The Chipettes, where she's the leader. She also happens to be the older sister of Jeanette and Eleanor.
Unfortunately, she is poorly scripted and therefore making her arguably the least likable of not only the Chipettes, but of all six of the main chipmunks of the Alvin and the Chipmunks franchise.
- 1 Why She Deserved to Look Horrible in Green and Black
- 2 Redeeming Qualities
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Comments
Why She Deserved to Look Horrible in Green and Black
NOTE: These qualities apply to ALL of her television incarnations since the CGI films incarnation is likeable.
- She can be a very selfish person.
- Because her ego is bigger than Jupiter, she hates admitting her mistakes sometimes.
- In The Chipmunk Adventure, she caused her and her sisters to get their balloon destroyed, but she flat out refuses to admit it.
- She's very vain about her appearance, especially in the 1980s Alvin and the Chipmunks episode "I Love the Chipmunks Valentine".
- Not to mention, rather than wearing her signature sleeveless clothing like the 1983 series, she wears long-sleeved clothing in the CGI films and reboot for no apparent reason.
- She qualifies as a mean girl stereotype.
- Some of her outfits are way too inappropriate for her age, mainly because they're mostly bikini-like midriff-barring outfits, like this, this, this, this, and this (even the CGI films fall victim to this). She's too young to be wearing outfits like that!
- She has a short temper.
- She can be a bad older sister sometimes.
- In the CGI episodes "My Sister the Weirdo" and "Sister Act", she treated Jeanette and Eleanor like dirt, respectively.
- She constantly bosses Jeanette around and takes advantage of her kindness.
- In the CGI series episode "Albrittina", she along with Simon and Alvin change their personalities in order to break the "curse". Brittany became a mean Gothic girl, which led her to getting in trouble multiple times.
- She just can't seem to stop getting into fights with Alvin, as she fights him the most.
- She also gets mad at him for very stupid reasons, like in the 1980s episode "Mind Over Matterhorn", where she threatens to kill him just because he got her hair wet even though he was worried that she was going to kill herself.
- In the 1980s episode "The Greatest Show-Offs on Earth", she refused to dress in black, choosing instead to dress in a pink superhero costume because she hates the color black.
- Irony: She is shown to like the color black in the CGI series episode "Albrittina", hence showing off real hypocrisy.
- She's way too similar to Alvin in terms of personality, albeit worse.
- She is stereotypically feminine.
- Like the other five chipmunk characters in the CGI series, her character design looks uncanny as she looks more human than a chipmunk, which is odd.
- Her crying will most likely get on your last nerves.
- She often never gets punished for her actions, making her a Karma Houdini.
- A good example of this is in the 1980s episode "Tell It to the Judge" where she (and Alvin) lie over Dave's broken bike and her scratched skate. In the end, while Alvin does get his punishment by having to buy a new bike for Dave piece by piece, Brittany on the other hand gets away scot-free (Apart from crying because Alvin said her story was a lie).
- Her incarnation in the reboot series isn't any better as she was derailed into an unlikeable jerk who abuses the male counterpart (along with her sisters, although they can be more tolerable than her and less abusive) since she often abuses the male counterparts.
- Overall, she is easily the least likable of not only the Chippettes, but of all six of the main chipmunks (with the exception of 2015's Alvin) of the Alvin and the Chipmunks franchise.
- She does apologize for her actions.
- Her singing voices are both outright incredible, alongside with Janice Karman doing an incredible job voicing Brittany in the cartoons and Christina Applegate really doing a very soild job voicing her in the live-action movies.
- She isn't always selfish and can be likable in some episodes or movies.
- At least her later incarnations aren't as mean as her 1980s incarnation and she is more mature in the CGI series, which can be some character development for her.
- In fact, despite her derailment in the CGI series, she has been improving since season 2, as she became more tolerable in later episodes, she has less gross-out humor (mostly), and she has more likable moments, but she isn't perfect, as many of her flaws still remain.
- In the 80s cartoon, she does have a gorgeous character design, especially in later episodes when the art style was changed.
- She doesn't always have fights with people.
- She is likable in the CGI films, being notably more supportive of her sisters including Jeanette. Also, she, along with Alvin and Simon, go through decent character development in the second film. She is also selfless when she stands up to Ian when he doesn’t give her sisters credit for their performance than he does her, insisting that they perform together or not at all, in a way putting them first before herself. Her scenes with Alvin are also very cute in the third film.
- In addition, she is more tolerable in the 2000 film Meet the Wolfman and her outfits are more appropriate.
- She and Alvin does have a nice love-hate relationship, similar to Knuckles and Rouge in the Sonic franchise.
- There are times where she gets her comeuppance, such as the previously mentioned 1980s episode "Tell It to the Judge", where Alvin made her cry by saying her story was a lie, despite not being a particularly good punishment.
- Her CGI design, while terrible, is a small improvement as her clothes look far less inappropriate compared to the clothes she wore in the original cartoon.
- The franchise would not have been the same without her.
- Brittany is the only Chipette to have never had her eye color change through the years.
- She's taller than Eleanor but shorter than Jeanette.
- Charlene the Chipette was the inspiration of Brittany Miller.
- It's unknown how old she is, but she's not an adult. She is probably a teenager since she goes to the high school in the CGI series.
- Her favorite color is pink.
- In the 1980s Alvin and the Chipmunks episode, "Cinderella? Cinderella!", she "hates" the color green, but Eleanor doesn't take offense to it as green is her favorite color. According to Brittany, green doesn't look good on her.
- Brittany, along with Eleanor and Jeanette, are known as The Babes in the Alvin and the Chipmunks Go to the Movies episode, "Bigger!". She also goes by the name Barbie instead of Brittany.
- Brittany, along with Jeanette and Eleanor, made their first CGI appearance in Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
- The only CGI movie Brittany and her sisters didn't appear was the first movie.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Cartoon characters
- Characters from 1980s media
- Characters from 1990s media
- Characters from 2000s media
- Characters from 2010s media
- Mean popular girls
- Live-action characters
- Aware of how bad they are
- Redeemed characters
- Greedy characters
- CGI characters
- Nickelodeon characters
- American characters
- Dramatic characters
- Immature characters
- Stereotypical characters
- Bad characters from good media
- Alvin and the Chipmunks characters
- Girly girls
- Karma Houdini
- Average characters
- Cute characters
Superclogger101 • 2 hours ago
Superclogger101 • 2 hours ago
Juliebas The Bolotebas • 2 hours ago
Superclogger101 • 2 hours ago
Towards the end of The Squeakuel,Brittany and Alvin dance together(along with Theodore and Eleanor and Jeanette and Simon)and then smile at each other happily. In the episode Big Dreams Alvin and Brittany are married. So we know that they were made to be together forever.Does Brittany have a crush on Alvin? ›
In Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, after Jeanette and Eleanor talk about Simon and Theodore, she says to them, "Yeah, I know. But, guys, remember what Ian said? We can't trust them." hinting she has a crush on Alvin, but has no choice except to follow Ian's rules.Is Brittany Alvin's sister? ›
Brittany Miller is one of the characters from the Alvin and the Chipmunks franchise who is the female counterpart of Alvin. She is a part of a band called The Chipettes, where she's the leader. She also happens to be the older sister of Jeanette and Eleanor.What is Brittany Miller personality? ›
Brittany is depicted as domineering and as somewhat sarcastic and untrustworthy. An example of this is when she dismisses Simon's advice in The Chipmunk Adventure, when he advises them to avoid the easterly route to avoid a hurricane.Does Simon have a crush on Jeanette? ›
In Secret Admirer, the fact that Simon has a crush on Jeanette is heavily implied throughout the episode as he showed to have clear interest in Jeanette, and he and his brothers follow The Chipettes around school, only to see them 'flirting' with him.Are the Chipmunks siblings or dating? ›
They were raised like siblings, and are litter mates in the 80s series. The recollection of age timing in both the CGI films and new series suggests that Alvin and Simon are most likely littermates.Who are Alvin's girlfriends? ›
Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. The Chipettes are a group of three female anthropomorphic chipmunk singers: Brittany, Jeanette, and Eleanor, alongside their new adoptive human mother, Beatrice Miller; they first appeared in the cartoon series Alvin and the Chipmunks in 1983.Does Alvin and Brittany kiss? ›
Alvin states a kiss is a two-step process: pucker and smack. The Chipettes witness Alvin's behavior and Brittany offers press and smooch. In disagreement, the two perform their technique, accidentally kissing each other as a result.Who adopted the Chipettes? ›